If you have answered most or all of the questions in USMLE-Rx and want to reset your account so that you can go through it again, you have the ability to perform a one-time reset.
Please note: Resetting your profile will erase all activity and progress connected with questions, cards, videos, and bricks. All notes and highlights associated with your profile will be removed as well. Once this action is taken, it can't be undone.
To reset your account, select Settings from the USMLE-Rx menu.
On the General tab, scroll to the bottom where you will see the following section (note that this is not available to you if your school purchased the subscription for you).
- By clicking the red Reset Account button, you can begin the process.
- Upon selecting 'Reset Profile' a warning message will appear, stating: "Resetting your profile will erase all activity and progress connected with questions, cards, videos, and bricks. All notes and highlights associated with your profile will be removed as well. Once this action is taken, it can't be undone. Are you sure you wish to continue?"
- Select NO if you don't want to proceed. This will remove the warning and the user will remain on the User Settings page.
- Selecting YES if you want to proceed with the reset. This will reset the user's profile including questions, cards, videos, and bricks seen and/or rated. The user's notes and highlights will be removed as well.
Rules and Restrictions
- Your total subscription purchase has to be 6 months or longer (this can include extensions). This is not available to you if you purchased a 1-month or 3-month subscription.
- This option can only be executed once. Afterward, the option is no longer available and the button is no longer displayed.
- This only applies to students who have purchased their own subscription. If your institution provided you access to USMLE-Rx, the reset option will not appear.
- The reset will erase ALL user-activity (questions answered, flash cards rated, bricks completed, notes, highlights, etc), except Study Stream activity.
If you have questions, please contact us.
Article is closed for comments.